Your source for driftwood decor, either for you or your fish, reptiles, or amphibians!
I sell this type of wood at reptile shows in the St. Louis area, or with personal sales if you're interested in any of the pieces I have up on my site.
The main thing I find driftwood for is use in terrariums or aquariums for reptiles/amphibians or fish, but I'm not limited to just decorum for pets, driftwood can be used for garden decor/landscaping, woodworking projects, and modern art!
Projects, Examples, Uses
Finding, Cleaning, & Processing
- Find the driftwood at the banks of rivers/lakes while avoiding the wildlife trying to sting/bite/eat me
- Collect it and power wash it (light power washer as to not damage it too much)
- In some cases, I'll soak the piece in water for multiple days if I feel there's something in it
- Dry it in the blistering sun or oven until completely dry
Things to know
- Any wood I clean/process is ready to go in a tank/space. If you want an extra layer of comfort, you can put the piece in your oven for a while at the lowest temp it can go.
- If there is any burn marks on any driftwood, the wood has been in a fire before and has carbon dioxide in the wood. Do not put these pieces in aquariums with fish, as they can breathe in that carbon dioxide.
Where I'll Be
Feel free to shoot me a message, which goes directly to my email. I'll respond as soon as I can!
St. Louis Metropolitan area
Send me a message and we can move to phone/text conversations if necessary!